The CIPR Education & Skills Group was set up in June 2003 to support PR and communications professionals working within the education and skills sector. If you belong to the CIPR, consider choosing the Education & Skills Group as one of the five groups you can join.
The Group aims to promote best practice and help extend the professional growth and knowledge of our members across the country, from assistants to press officers and account executives to directors and MDs; they include both in-house and consultancy-based practitioners working in higher education, further education, schools, skills, and education-related agencies and government bodies.
The Education & Skills Group committee is made up of volunteers from a range of organisations and selected at an AGM at the beginning of each calendar year. If you would like to get involved, please contact us here.
Vice-Chair: Victoria Pearson
Suzy Giles, Secretary
Anthony Olabode Ayodele
Marie Clark, Social Media Officer
Jordan Kenny, Events Officer
Anne Nicholls, Press and Publicity Officer
Richenda Wood, Awards Sponsorship Officer
WHY JOIN THE CIPR EDUCATION & SKILLS GROUP?
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING THE GROUP
The CIPR Education & Skills group is the only UK group dedicated to communications and PR professionals in the education and skills sectors.
WHY JOIN?- Meet like-minded professionals in the industry
- Learn new skills and discover ideas and strategies that will give you the edge in your job
- Stay up to date with sector news, developments and initiatives
The CIPR Education & Skills group runs events throughout the year including the annual CIPR Education Journalism awards.
To be a member of the Education & Skills group, you must be a CIPR member. The benefits of membership are numerous, here’s a quick look at some of them:
- The CIPR is the only chartered organisation for communications professionals
- CIPR members have access to the knowledge, support and training that being a part of a large chartered organisation brings
- CIPR is the only chartered organisation which bridges internal and external communications – in-line with our belief that all communications should be integrated and joined-up
- You can follow a path of continuing professional development to keep your knowledge up to date and show your employers you really do know your profession
- Designatory letters and logos to use on your websites and stationery
- Member discounts with a number of business suppliers
HOW TO JOIN THE GROUP
To be a member of the Education & Skills group, you must first be a CIPR member.
There are five different levels of CIPR membership; Affiliate, Associate, Member, Fellow and Student. You can find the category that fits you here on the CIPR website.
For fees and to join the CIPR, you will need to visit this page on the CIPR website and download an application form. Alternatively, you can join online here, and your membership will be activated the following day.
Once you are a proud member of the CIPR, or if you are already a member, you can join the Education & Skills group by visiting the Sector Group Registration page on the CIPR website. Simply complete the form with your details and select the Education & Skills group from the list. It doesn't cost you any extra to join the group.