1. These awards are open to all education journalists and commentators as well as those who report on education-related issues.
2. Each entrant must select an education issue (i.e., a single topic or story) that they have reported on during the 2017/18 academic year, 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018, and select content that they were directly responsible for producing (researching and presenting in written, spoken or visual form) related to that particular education issue. In the event that the story is part of a series tackling the same issue, the entrant may submit a maximum of three pieces from the series.
3. On a covering sheet accompanying the selected piece of editorial – and in no more than 500 words – the entrant should describe its context and influence, including supporting evidence where possible.
4. Entries should be accompanied by the entry form which can be downloaded from the Group’s website here.
All requested details must be provided and submitted together with either a good scanned or electronic copy of each example of newspaper/ magazine/online coverage, a working web-link to the original website (with access enabled, if paywall protected), and/or audio/ video files encoded in a widely playable format, shared with us via Dropbox.
*CD/DVD discs may be accepted by post via special arrangement.
5. Entrants may only provide one entry per category, but may submit up to a maximum of three entries across different categories. Each submission can only be entered for one category and must fall within the 2017/18 academic year, 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018. A separate entry form and covering sheet must accompany each entry
6. Entries must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Audio and video files should be shared with the CIPR Education & Skills Group via a Dropbox account or a YouTube link. Each entry must include an entry form and covering sheet.
8. All entries must be received by 12 noon on Friday 21 September 2018 to qualify for consideration by the panel of judges. There is no entry fee for these awards.
9. All entries will be acknowledged by email and entrants will be informed of the timescales for award judging and award announcement. If you have not received acknowledgement of receipt within 48 hours of submission, please call +44 (0)7889 878417 immediately.
10. Submitted physical materials will not be returned.
11. The decision of the judges is final.
For further information or enquiries relating to these awards please contact Susan Maloney; telephone +44 (0)7889 878417 or email email@example.com or see the group’s website: www.cipredskills.com